People for Peace
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destinationAbout us
Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destinationEvents calendar
People for Peace (aka P4P) is an ad hoc group of people committed to peace, and working toward it in London, Ontario.
How do I get involved?
- Join our Peace-announce mailing list to receive (at most) 1-2 announcements per week
- Join our organizing mailing list (where e-mail traffic may be at times fairly intense) and say hello!
Note: More information on how to use mailing lists can be found in the mailman help document.
- Campaign to stop secret trials in Canada
- Student Network Against Recruitment in London
- Movies for peace
- Boycott of Chapters-Indigo-Coles-Starbucks
- London War Resisters Support Group
HELP MAKE THE RESISTERS ISSUE A PRIORITY IN THIS PARLIAMENT:
Please adapt and send these letters to local Liberal MPs Sue Barnes (London West) and Glen Pearson (London North-Centre) as well as Liberal Leader Stéphane Dion and Liberal Immigration critic Maurizio Bevilacqua. Note that letters addressed to their Ottawa addresses do NOT NEED POSTAGE, all you have to supply is a couple of envelopes and a bit of your time.
The two other opposition parties (BQ, NDP) are solidly behind this initiative (as is a clear majority of the Canadian public) so if the Liberals join them in bringing this issue forward soon, the Conservatives will be outvoted in Parliament.
- Conscience Canada, an organization for 'Conscientious Objectors to Military Taxation' has published the '2007 Peace Tax Return' (PTR) on its website at <http://www.consciencecanada.ca/home/
PTR English version is at <http://www.consciencecanada.ca/taxes/ptr2007eng.pdf> La version française se trouve au <http://www.consciencecanada.ca/taxes/ptr2007fra.pdf>
The PTR can be downloaded, printed and filled out at tax time to let the Canadian government know your displeasure at paying for war. This can be done with just your signature on the PTR or by withholding a symbolic amount of tax and sending it to Conscience Canada's Peace Tax Trust Fund. All details are in the PTR.